Sunday, April 8, 2018

Pen Pals

Colour Collective's 'Celeste' prompt came right at Easter... but I didn't want to do anything Easter-themed for it. The colour reminded me of ice, and eventually that ended up with this little set of pen pals. I don't know about you, but I always cringe when I see illustrations with penguins and polar bears in the same place - these two are definitely in their original habitats, but with their icy life experiences, I thought they'd make perfect pen pals!


Here's a look at them individually:



I rather like this little bear - I'm not sure I've ever drawn a polar bear before!

As tends to be my habit with Colour Collective, I threw these together very quickly, but I think I'd like to take them further one day. They can go in my files for when I have no inspiration and want to rework something. =)

Adobe Photoshop CC2018 on a Wacom Mobile Studio Pro
About 2 hours total

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...