Sunday, October 29, 2017

Inktober 2017: Week 3

I'm afraid I fell off the Inktober bandwagon after week 3 this year: I caught a cold, got a sinus infection and discovered that I had two impacted wisdom teeth that need to be removed (and let me tell you, sinus infection and impacted wisdom teeth is not a good combo. I wouldn't wish that on anyone!). I was really sick for several days (and now I am still in pain and my productivity is suffering) so I gave up on completing Inktober. I gave it a good shot and got all the way to Day 21.

I started out the week with no very clear idea about what I was going to be doing, so I did a vaguely 20s-inspired witch, but she doesn't look very 20s...


I also made a sped-up video of this, testing out the old camcorder that I suddenly remembered we had. Unfortunately it's way too old to actually have a timelapse function, so I sped it up in Adobe Premiere Pro:


Then I did a sketchy little piece revisiting my little witch with the goose:


After that I switched to drawing my dog, Myrna. She's always a good subject:

Day 17:


More below the cut:


Day 18:


Day 19:


Day 20:


Day 21:


All of these were done with a Pentel Brush Pen and either Copic Multiliners or Artline Drawing System Pens (except for the brown in the Myrna sketches, which was a Pigma Micron) in a Moleskine Watercolour sketchbook (apart from the sketchy witch-and-goose, which is in a standard Moleskine sketchbook)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...