Thursday, March 23, 2017

Birdsong

I was inspired by the enormous turbans of Nihang Sikhs for Colour Collective's 'Deep Koamaru' prompt. I'd had pictures of them pinned to Pinterest for quite some time. It's always good to have boards that you can just scroll through until inspiration hits!

Here's my illustration, thrown together very quickly. It's another of those Colour Collectives that I think have much more potential, and may indeed grow into something bigger in the future... But I didn't have enough time to do it full justice and still hit the CC deadline! We'll call it an extended concept sketch. =P 


And here's the photo (taken by Mark Hartman) that started me off:

The Nihang Sikhs, The Army of the Eternal | Mark Hartman
Source: Mark Hartman: http://www.ritebook.in/2014/06/the-nihang-sikhs-mark-hartman.html
Adobe Photoshop CC 2016 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2. A couple of hours all-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...