Thursday, October 20, 2016

The Butterfly

By the time Colour Collective rolled round with the gorgeous 'Kings Blue Light' for the 30th September, I had very little time to create anything. It was a week full of appointments and outings and tradesmen and guests - not to mention I had work to do at the same time! But I didn't want to sit Colour Collective out - I've never missed one! - so I threw this together:


I just worked up a bedtime sketch I had done earlier in the week. We'd been watching Granada Austen adaptations from the early 1970s, and they have such spectacular hairstyles that I was inspired to sketch ridiculous hair myself. Such subjects are excellent when you just want to wind down before heading to bed: 



For Colour Collective I added a bit more body to one of the sketches, sketched in a bit of a balcony, and slapped on some quick colour. The whole thing took maybe two hours in Adobe Photoshop CC2015 on my Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...