Saturday, March 5, 2016

Daniel in the Lions' Den

I decided I needed a bible story or two in my portfolio (which is always in a constant state of evolution) so when Colour Collective posted their 'Dandelion Yellow' prompt, I discussed with a friend which story I could use, because it's a long time since RE at school and I was drawing a blank. She suggested Daniel in the Lions' Den, which was an excellent suggestion. I'm not posting the story here, because it is long, but it's Daniel 6:1 - 28 if you want to look it up.


The story says that God sent an angel that 'shut the lion's mouths' and I decided that could well mean happy kitten-like lions, rather than still-angry lions that cannot bite but still have the use of their claws. And if I was shut up all night with happy lions that were not going to eat me, I would definitely be scratching their tummies.
I looked at a lot of photos of lions while I was doing this, of course, but I didn't use any direct references. I'm still playing around with Kyle Webster's Photoshop brushes, and am having fun with them. I quite like the strong lighting I was able to get using the dandelion colour against dark browns. Not, perhaps, strictly 'moonlight' but effective, I think! 

Adobe Photoshop CC2015 with a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2. About 6-8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...