Saturday, February 6, 2016

Lavender's Blue

This week the Colour Collective colour was 'lavender' (oops, I just realised it was 'Deep Lilac'. That's how out of it with stress I've been this week, I can't even get the name of the colour right. =P It is the right colour though, I colourpicked from the tweet....), and I had plans for it, I really did. And I liked those plans. But then work got a bit feral, with the projects I am currently working on all suddenly increasing in size (but not the deadlines, no, they stay the same.) My Colour Collective plans had to be abandoned, but I didn't want to sit this one out, so I cropped out a small section of a colouring book page I'm working on (yes, I'm working on a colouring book, now everyone can stop nagging me about it =P) and gave it some quick digital colour. (I also removed the colouring book style patterns, because no way did I have time to go into that much detail ^.~) 
And voila:

It's a bit clean and digital for me, normally. I've been thinking of investing in Kyle Webster's Photoshop brushes, but I was hardly going to do that now when the object was to get something completed in the smallest possible amount of time. Maybe soon, when I have cleared off this workload and have time to play...

So yes, nothing special, but quite sweet, I think, and the dress works well in lavender. If you're a long-time reader of my blog (if you are, I salute you!) you may recognise the pose from a 2014 ink sketch from The Glass Slipper. With my colouring book, where possible, I'm incorporating things that I've already done, so as to speed up the process a bit. Kudos to you if you can guess the theme from the odd sneak peeks that have been posted on twitter and instagram. Anyone?

Adobe Photoshop CC2015 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...