Saturday, January 30, 2016

Castle Invasion

The Colour Collective colour this week was 'viridian'. Obviously a good choice for a fadeaway girl, but I went with something different this week. I don't know why 'viridian' should make me think of medieval dresses and chickens..... but I just went with the flow....


Of course, how can I resist red hair with viridian? It's such a lovely juxtaposition of colours.

I had fun being loose and painterly with this. I've been doing a lot of solid, precise, black and white linework over the past two months so I didn't really feel like being precise for this as well. I rather overworked her face, which I struggled to get right, so I should probably go back in and tighten everything else up as well to match, but for now, this is it. (I might have tightened everything up anyway, were it not for the fact that I was squeezing a few hours away from work, an equally small number of hours before the CC deadline

You never know but that I may eventually turn this into a portfolio piece though.... it has potential (probably better potential if I up the number of chickens, what do you think? Would it be better with chickens everywhere?)

Here's the original sketch. Somewhere along the line I flipped the image round and decided I like it that way. 


Adobe Photoshop CC2015 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.
Somewhere between 4 and 5 hours in total.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...