Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Portrait: Myrna

I did this little portrait sample as another item to enter in the Kelmscott Annual Show. I was entering in the 'drawing' section, so I stuck almost entirely to coloured pencil, although normally I would have done watercolour underneath (especially for the background, that would have sped it up considerably!) as I am generally happier with mixed media for pieces like this. 

This is my dog Myrna. She's a cavoodle. I love her, she's gorgeous, and she knows it full well. I took the photo I used for reference a few months ago, when she was living up to her film star namesake (Myrna Loy) especially well.  


Most of this is Prismacolour coloured pencils, with just a tiny touch of Copic Opaque White and a Copic Multiliner for her whiskers - it made much more sense to add them after the rest of the portrait was finished!

Here are a couple of in-progress shots that I posted to Instagram and Twitter. Links to my social media platforms are in the sidebar. 



I do pet portrait commissions, please contact me via my website if you would like to discuss a pet portrait or any other illustration or portraiture project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...