Friday, July 3, 2015

Website Mice

I've just got my redesigned website up and running. The old one was giving me a definite pain, and wasn't easily updatable, so this time I used Adobe Muse to create my website. This meant I didn't have to do any coding, which was much better all round (I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to code). I wanted to move away from the lightbox effect of my previous website, so that people can scroll through all the illustrations on a page quickly without having to wait for the lightbox to load, but I also didn't want to completely follow the trend of minimalist portfolio websites, which I personally find can all merge into one if I look at enough.

The main portfolio page on my new website
My old website featured some mice, and I had found that they set me apart from other illustrators quite well. People would say 'oh, you're the one with the mice!' - and anything that makes me more memorable is good! So I was determined to keep the mice theme, and did a few small illustrations to feature in the website redesign:

This is the main illustration for the homepage, featuring three mice and some areas where I can easily drop in new illustrations to feature. The rest of the website only has the shelf visible, without any of the items sitting on it.


This little mouse hangs around on my 'About' page:


A mouse to fill some space on the 'Contact' page:


And this mouse only appears if someone sends me a message via my contact form, to let them know that the message was successfully sent:


And here is a reminder of what my website used to look like:


I'm really happy to have my new one up - there are still a few illustrations I want to finish for it, but it's much more up-to-date than my old one, and it should be much easier to keep it updated. 

All images were created in Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 with a Wacom Intuos 5 and a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2, and the website itself was built in Adobe Muse CC 2014/2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...