Saturday, July 11, 2015

Colour Collective: Corn

This week's Colour Collective prompt was 'corn'. I hadn't really decided what to do with it, when my cousin suddenly had a sweet baby girl (about two weeks ahead of schedule) on Wednesday and I needed a baby card, stat! My cousin likes the colour yellow, so, meant to be, right?


I always like to do a special illustration for baby cards, rather than rummaging through my files of card designs that I've already used for other people, because the birth of a baby is such a special occasion. In this instance, the nursery has a lamb theme (I did the lamb baby mobile for this cousin's baby shower) so I kept with that theme. 

Here's a look at how this picture came together:


I started off with a very rough sketch, refined it a bit, then did some linework with a thin semi-transparent brush in brown. Then I added flat colours, a bit of shading, and then a lot of flowers, all in corn yellow.

Here's the finished card:


Adobe Photoshop CC on a Wacom Companion 2 - about 3 hours, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...