Monday, June 1, 2015

Wind Waker Baby Mobile

I needlefelted this baby mobile for my lovely friends, who are expecting their first baby in July. 

Just before it was tidied up and finished, but I like this photo better than the final photos I took

It's really hard to photograph baby mobiles! Especially when you have 10' ceilings and can't hang them up!
They are decorating the nursery with the 'stained glass' wall decals that Blik released for the Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker game, and my friend liked the mobiles she'd seen with clouds and coloured balls, so I looked at the decals and picked colours from them:

Photo from Endgadget.com 
To make things a little more quirky, I added a dragon and a couple of turrets to the top cloud, sticking as close as possible to the designs in the game advertising material (I haven't played it), although it was a little tricky as I was working at a very small scale: 

I do like my little dragon!
These look a little more like shroom houses than turrets...
Merino wool tops and assorted felting needles 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...