Sunday, January 25, 2015

Watercolour: Princesses

Here's a little watercolour I did for #ColourCollective on twitter. The colour this week was sap green:


I originally sketched this piece for @Daily_Doodle's Wednesday prompt, which was The Letter P. I decided P could be for princesses, and as it was also International Hug Day on Wednesday, I thought it would be cute to have them hugging. And then I ran out of time on Wednesday, as is so often the way. 


I decided to go with Regency-esque styling, mainly so I could draw those cute little bloomers. My stylistic choices are often very deep and meaningful. =P The crowns and dress decorations are inspired by extant examples that I've gathered on my Pinterest boards, but I didn't worry about historical accuracy at all and just had some fun drawing cute dresses. 


I inked my sketch with Copic Multiliners, and it's painted with Winsor & Newton watercolours in a Moleskine watercolour sketchbook. I did have a reference for the positioning of some of the hands, but only used it very loosely. I'm quite fond of this little piece, and wish it had got a bit more love on twitter, because I had a lot of fun taking some time off to work on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...