Saturday, May 4, 2013

Watercolour: Oscar

Our dog was put down last week. He was nearly seventeen and a half, blind and deaf, and he had dementia and his back was going (and his teeth smelt awful) so it was time for him to go, but it was still very sad. He was really quite an objectionable little dog, and never much liked me, but I loved him even so and now the house is very empty indeed, especially as I work from home and am often alone. It doesn't help that we were so used to being aware of him, as for the past year and more he'd been unable to differentiate between inside and outside, and would leave puddles (and worse) all over the house; every time he moved we'd swoop and take him outside and we're still in the habit of checking the floors and closing all the doors and keeping an eye out.  

I did this little watercolour partly because I wanted to do a little painting of him, and partly to be used for some thank you cards – some friends gave me an extremely sweet little charm to remember him by, so like Oscar, right down to the placement of the brown spots. It was so nice of them, and cards were definitely required. 


The text I added today, a week after the original painting. I need to work on my creative lettering...

Here's a look at the finished cards, and the photo I was using as reference. 


Windsor & Newton watercolours in a Moleskine watercolour sketchbook. The text is in a brown Artline pen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...