Thursday, October 25, 2012

Rita Hayworth

Remember the WIP of Rita Hayworth waaay back in July? It was picked up by the commissioner today, so here's a look at the finished piece:


Considering I had a Samba dancer to do for another client at the same time as I was finishing this off, right now I would be happy if I never saw another feather or sequin ever again. =P 

The whole thing took about 28 hours, most of which was spent on the sequins and feathers. Here are some details of some of the more intricate parts of the costume:




And here's a progress animation compiled of various scans:



This is on A3 Quill Drawing Cartridge. If you want to see a list of all the materials I use for portraits like this, take a look at my list over here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...