Saturday, August 4, 2012

Illustration: Common Tree Shrew

I have lots of work to do (and I spent some time today doing it) but it's Saturday, and that calls for a sketch-for-me. Also, I upgraded to CS6 last week, and hadn't had so much as a chance to look at all those interesting 'natural' brushes. 8 days is a long time to spend actually working in the programmes and not being able to play around with new features at all! =P 

So here is a common tree shrew, not entirely accurately. They're native to Malaysia and surrounding areas, and I saw one in the Adelaide Zoo. It was the most hyperactive thing I have ever seen, impossible to focus on (eyes or camera), so I just pointed my camera and clicked, hoping for the best. I didn't get any shots that count as 'good' but I did catch a few poses, in focus, but blurred because there was very low light and my shutter speed was thus slow. But, good enough for vague references. 


This was done entirely playing around with the aforementioned 'natural brushes', to see what I could do with them. The vague leafy textures are my own, and there are a few from cgtextures.com slapped on there as well. By rights this shrew should be a streak of nothing, but it's very fat, so maybe it's too full to look fast. 

Photoshop CS6 with a Wacom Intuos 3, somewhere between 1 and 2 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...