Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Illustrations: Flying Carpets

Here are some more graphic illustrations that went into my portfolio as samples of black and white and colour in a bolder style. 

This flying carpet salesman was done a while back, in black and white, inspired by a little man I saw while in Malaysia. I coloured him using adjustment layers up for my promotional postcards, and quite liked the result. 


So when I turned a quick iPad doodle (I'm not quite sure what started me on it, I know I was feeling grumpy because I was having computer problems, and I suppose a supercilious giraffe is a natural progression or something....) into a finished black and white piece in the same style, I coloured that too. 

And here are the originals. The salesman has been in my Educational Publishing portfolio for quite some time. I was sure I'd blogged him, but I must have been mistaken, as I can't find the post anywhere... Originally these were just an extension of my BlackLine Master illustrations, with a bit of shading added to make them suitable for greyscale printing, so they're pretty solidly aimed at the Educational Publishing market. 



All done in Photoshop CS4 with a Wacom Intuos 3. 

2 comments:

  1. I particularly like the flying carpet salesman, he's so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Petra! He's a particular favourite of mine. The 'original' that I saw did not have carpets, turban or feathers... but he looked as if he should have had them!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...