Sunday, May 20, 2012

Illustration: Brigitte Bardot

Here's a little cartoon of a young Brigitte Bardot in Doctor At Sea. My mother had me looking up a film she thought she might have seen when she was a teenager (turned out to be The Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter, but all I had to go on was Brigitte Bardot and a character called Gerard =P) and I came across Doctor At Sea. I'd seen it years ago, and taken a few snaps of the tv screen, because she had such a fabulous dress. So I toddled off to YouTube and got myself some slightly better screenshots, and threw this together. I used a reference for the pose, but put her face together from a bunch of shots, so it's not the most accurate likeness I've ever done (this was also the only Bardot film I've seen, so I'm not all that familiar with her features.) 


Come on, isn't that just a fabulous dress?
(Possibly I also have a thing for elbow-length gloves. Years ago I wanted some to go with my red dress for my Year 12 Ball – but there were none available. They pop up all over the place now, it's probably given me a complex. =P)

I spent several hours inking today, so this was my relaxation (hooray for the zoom and the undo tool!) Took at little longer than I planned, about an hour and a half all up. I could push it further and clean it up a bit, but I'm not going to. 
I was sort of inspired by Katikut's colouring tutorial, although apart from using the lasso tool most of the techniques were similar to ones I used already. ^.^ 
Adobe Photoshop CS4 with a Wacom Intuos 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...