Saturday, April 14, 2012

Illustration: Change Partners

Another watercolour sketch to go with Dream. This time it's Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers in Carefree, dancing the lovely hypnosis dance to 'Change Partners'. Definitely one of my favourite of their dances, and I did a similar pose in black and white, back in 2005, which I was never very happy with. The likenesses may have been better (but I did spend 15 hours on that one, so that's hardly surprising) but I just didn't feel that it really worked. 


I think I like this one better, overall. Not such good likenesses, but I like the contrast of the solid black and colour. Next up (when I get the time >.<) will I think have to be The Carioca from Flying Down to Rio.
Like Dream, this was done from a screenshot of the waist up. I have to find poses where they'll both fit in the narrow Moleskine Watercolour Sketchbook! =P

Winsor and Newton watercolours, Artline Drawing System pens and Atelier Waterproof Drawing Ink (Carbon Black) in a Moleskine Watercolour Sketchbook.
About 2 hours in total. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...