Monday, March 26, 2012

Sketch: Ruby Keeler

Here's a digital portrait of 30s musicals actress Ruby Keeler. I'm actually doing a miniature from this photo, but felt like mucking about with it digitally as well. 

The final result was touched up in Photoshop, but I did most of it on the iPad in Sketchbook Pro, mainly while sitting outside at night, while we had people round for dinner (twice this weekend;  I approve of the iPad as a sketching tool while in semi-darkness! =P) Once I felt it was about as good as it was going to get on the iPad, I moved it into Photoshop and altered a few details to improve the likeness. 

Here's the original iPad version:


And here's a version I slapped a bit of colour on, just for fun: 


Sketchbook Pro on iPad 2 with a Wacom Bamboo Stylus, then Photoshop CS4 with a Wacom Intuos 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...