Saturday, September 10, 2011

Illustration: At the Window

Finished this off yesterday, and I think it came out pretty well. =)


I still yearn for a watercolour paper that works for me properly, without randomly not letting the paint (especially my favourite payne's grey) cover it, or drying unevenly, but nothing too major happened here (despite large quantities of payne's grey =P).

And now I can forget about Christmas cards for a while again. I think one makes for a nice change – I haven't done a blue card for years, they've all been dominated by red.

0.1 Artline Drawing System fineliner, Winsor and Newton watercolours.
Previous post: 2011 Christmas Cards 1

2 comments:

  1. That's really lovely, Alene! It's so hard finding the right paper, isn't it. I must change my paper, it's way too coarse, but it is very strong... essential for all that rubbing out and washing off to start afresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Petra!
    I've got to like a little bit of texture on paper I'm using for straight watercolour, but often I do mixed media with pencil on top of my paint, so then I need something much smoother. Possibly I'm over picky, but I don't give up hope of finding the perfect paper (that I can also afford!) one day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...