Thursday, June 16, 2011

Illustration: Showgirl

We went to see WAAPA's (The Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts) performance of Crazy for You on Tuesday night, which was great fun. Lots of Gershwin music and a silly plot. =) It also included Showgirls, and I realised that despite my large musicals collection, I have never drawn one. I think the closest I've come was an arial gymnast while watching the Sydney Olympics opening ceremony - back in 2000. It was ....not good.... =P 

So after the show I doodled this Showgirl in my Watercolour Moleskine, and I inked it the next evening, while accompanying my mother to her quilting evening. Because of this, my lines aren't as crisp as usual - the table was very wobbly. 


I watercoloured it this afternoon, and just now I digitally coloured it, as I'd run out of actual work to do for the moment. I've got to do something while waiting for feedback, so I tried out an attempt at the 'painting on cardboard' look.



Artline pens in Moleskine Watercolour sketchbook, Winsor and Newton watercolours with Prismacolour coloured pencils, Sailor White Writer and PITT Artist's Pen in gold. 
Digital version done in Adobe Photoshop CS4 with Wacom Intuos 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...