Monday, June 13, 2011

Illustration: Ready For Anything

Here's a quick little piece I whipped up in spare moments over the last two days. I'm still practicing kids. 


I did the sketch and most of the inking while watching tv on Sunday night. I'd been planning on watercolouring it too, but I was called off to tech-support for an uncle, which ate up my time. So I did my watercolouring as a warm-up before work today, and then (after I'd done six work-related pictures and decided to call it a day) I thought I'd try the effect of digital colouring as well. So here you see the linework and two colour variations. 


The sketch and inking took maybe an hour and a half all up, with Artline Drawing System pens in 0.1 and 0.4 weights in my Moleskine Watercolour Sketchbook. (No reference)
The watercolouring was done with Winsor and Newton watercolours, and took about half an hour. 
The digital colouring was done in Adobe Photoshop CS4 with a Wacom Intuos 3 and took about 40 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...