Friday, April 22, 2011

Illustration: Sarah Jane

I was so sorry to hear of the passing of Elisabeth Sladen recently. I was practically brought up on Doctor Who, and Sarah Jane was always one of my favourite companions, so I thought I'd do a tribute sketch. It's years since I last drew Sarah Jane (You can see that portrait, from 2004, here) so it was about time.
I chose her costume from Robot for this sketch (it's one of my favourites), and though I based her pose on her running around during that episode, it has nothing to do with it really. I went for a more comic-like look for this, and it was done pretty quickly, so it's not perfect. I prettied up the sketch in Photoshop with the aid of the halftone filter. 


0.5 mechanical pencil with #B lead in Jasart 'My Memoirs' sketchbook, coloured in Photoshop CS4 with a Wacom Intuos 3. 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...