Sunday, June 27, 2010

Design: Wren Recipe Book

I designed these two little splendid fairy wrens for a recipe book I put together for my friend Tilly, who's getting married on Saturday. Today was her bridal shower, and I got everyone coming to contribute a few favourite recipes, and typed them up into a book, which I then got bound up.


I chose to do wrens because I did the Wren Wedding Invitations for Tilly, and thought I'd just carry on the theme. 
The male blue wren was part of a blue layout, for savoury recipes, and the brown female wren was part of a pink page, for sweet recipes. And I had one drinks recipe, so put both of them on that, with a purple colour scheme. 



Wrens and page design were done in Adobe Illustrator CS4, and the text was done in Adobe InDesign CS4.

3 comments:

  1. I love them! They're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful idea, and the layout is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is exquisite! What a great personal gift for making between friends.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...